- Advanced materials development and qualification, including fabrication and joining methods.
- Divertor and plasma facing applications.
- Fusion-specific applications of materials, including environmental effects.
- Materials engineering and testing in ITER, neutron sources, accelerators, and other test systems.
- The materials design interface, codes, and standards.
- Modeling, theory, and fundamental studies of radiation effects, including advanced characterization methods.
- Cross cutting issues and synergism with other materials applications.
|1. Advanced materials development, including fabrication and joining|
|1b||AOS||Advanced steels, ODS steels|
|1c||CLZ||Ceramics, ceramic composites, SiC/SiC composites and other low-Z materials|
|1d||WHZ||Tungsten, refractory alloys and other high-Z materials|
|1e||VAA||Vanadium and its alloys|
|1f||OSA||Other structural alloys|
|2. Fusion-specific applications of materials|
|2b||HHF||High heat flux materials including copper alloys|
|2c||BMM||Breeding and multiplying materials|
|2d||OFM||Other functional materials|
|3. Materials technologies and testing in IFMIF, ITER and beyond|
|3a||TBM||Test blanket module material technologies and issues|
|3b||IMT||ITER material technologies and issues|
|3c||IFT||IFMIF and other intense fusion neutron sources|
|3d||MTT||Material testing technologies including SSTT|
|4. Materials design interface issues|
|4||MDI||Materials design interface issues|
|5. Fundamentals of radiation effects and advanced characterization|
|5a||DPP||Defect production and properties|
|5c||MPC||Mechanical property changes|
|5d||FTE||Fundamental helium, hydrogen and tritium effects|
|5e||ACT||Advanced characterization and specimen test technology|
|6. Multi-scale modelling|
|6a||MSM||Multi-scale modelling for design|
|6b||MPP||Modelling to predict the performance of fusion materials and systems|
|6c||NDM||New developments of multi-scale approaches for designing radiation resistant materials|
|7. Environmental effects|
|7a||TRT||Tritium retention and transport|
|7b||OXC||Oxidation and corrosion|
|7c||BCC||Barrier coatings and chemical compatibility|
|8. Cross-cutting approaches, programs and strategies|
|8||CCA||Cross-cutting approaches, programs and strategies|
|9. The Broader Approach activities and other international collaborations|
|9||BAC||The Broader Approach activities and other international collaborations|